Amos Ives Root was inspired to start a beekeeping business when a swarm of bees landed on the window of his jewelry store. That simple event created a company that has become synonymous with beekeeping, honey, pure beeswax, and the highest quality candles. Today, we still rely on the purity and naturalness of beeswax and bees that inspired Amos Ives Root.
• Saturated with fragrances containing essential oils
• Filled candles feature our all-natural soy and beeswax blend
• Colored with all-natural vegetable-based dyes
• Hive Jars burn up to 150-200 hours
• Large Veriglass burn up to 100 hours
• Small Veriglass burn up to 60 hours
• Honeycomb Travelers & Votives burn up to 20 hours
Fragrance & Color
Tropical and sweet, the pineapple is unique in its pollination as the seeds, if not pollinated, actually damage the flowers. Combined with the heady scent of papaya, this fragrance will deliver you to the tropics.
• Remove all packaging and discard prior to lighting.
• Always burn a candle within sight, never leave a burning candle unattended.
• Before lighting trim your wick to ¼”.
• Always burn candles in an appropriate holder, and also on a protected, non-combustible, heat-resistant surface.
• Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings or foreign matter which may present a fire hazard.
• Always keep candles away from things that catch fire.
• Keep away from children and pets.
• Keep your candle in a draft-free area.
• To extinguish your Root Candle, carefully dip the wick into the liquid with a non-combustible item, once the flame is out, re-center the wick. It is not recommended to blow out a candle as wax may splatter. Never use the lid to extinguish your candle.
• Never extinguish candles with water. Water can cause hot wax to splatter and may cause glass containers to break.
• Never use candles as a night light. Use extreme caution during power outages.
• Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when wax is liquid.
• When creating decorative arrangements, candles should be set out at a distance of at least 4 inches apart to prevent burn problems.
• Always burn any jar until the wax pool reaches the edge of the container, this will minimize the amount of wax left on the side of the jar.
• Root poured candles are a combination of an all-natural blend of beeswax, soy wax and other sustainable waxes with exquisite fragrances enhanced by pure essential oils.
• Handle candles with care as containers may become hot. If the glass is cracked, chipped or scratched do not use.
• Always burn on a protected, non-combustible, heat-resistant surface.
• Always remove candle from giftbox or packaging prior to lighting.
• Always remove all packaging prior to lighting.
• Votives are made to liquefy. Always burn votives in an appropriate holder, and also on a protected, noncombustible, heat-resistant surface. Never burn free standing.
• Always burn tealights in an appropriate holder, and also on a protected, non-combustible, heat-resistant surface.
• For best results burn the candle on initial lighting for a minimum of 6 hours, then 3-4 hours at a time thereafter.
• Always burn pillars on an appropriate holder, and also on a protected, non-combustible, heat-resistant surface.
• The simple elegance of Root Dinner Candles distinguishes any table setting, illuminates the occasion, and sets a delightful mood. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a large formal dinner party, Root Dinner Candles will grace your table setting with unique character.
• Avoid drafty areas, as this will result in dripping.
• You will notice the wick curves slightly, this ensures the candle will burn properly. When relighting a partially burned candle, never straighten the wick.
• Always burn Dinner Candles in an appropriate holder, and also on a protected, non-combustible, heat-resistant surface.